💵 Want to sell your car in Cook County, IL?
💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Lemont Scrap Processing Ltd
16229 New Ave, Lemont, IL 60439
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service junk car removal
Stablished as one of Lemont's best junkyards, they offer a diverse selection of vehicle parts. Pay them a visit and ask their expert team without hesitation. Contact them via phoneOther visitors have shared 3 reviews about this business.
"No issues get in and out. They have a clear shot to get at the scale. The usually have employees outside to direct you to where you can dump your scrap. There's also a cool Easter egg if you want..."
22. Quick Auto Recycling
11N302 Gale St, Elgin, IL 60123
5/5 - 2 reviewssalvage yard junk car removal towing service
They provide a very proficient service at great prices, with a giant breadth of inventory and with the guarantees demanded by its customers. You can meet this business in the city of Elgin (Illinois). This salvage yard operational hours information cannot be found but you have the option to check its website.Other customers have left 2 thoughts about this salvage yard.
"Paid me cash for my junk car and best of all they picked up my car within the hour as I got stranded in a restaurant parking lot. The driver even took off the license plates for me."
33. West Suburban Towing
2900 W Lake St, Melrose Park, IL 60160
5/5 - 3 reviewstowing service junk car removal towing service
In case you're in the search for the finest second hand spares in the Melrose Park area, this junkyard could be an ideal pick to obtain them at a great price. You have the possibility to contact them via: phone. This salvage yard opening hours information cannot be found yet.In addition, you can read 3 reviews left by our visitors.
"When stranded, very unexpectedly too, and on a very cold Chicago night (luckily Not one of those below zero nights but 'a feel like it's in the teens with the windchill') I did a quick check..."
44. Pick-N-Pull Auto Dismantlers Chicago
7800 W 61st Pl, Summit Argo, IL 60501
4/5 - 1 reviews open nowjunkyard self service
This salvage yard aims to offer an highly skilled service at the best prices, gathering a huge diversity of supply and with the warranties demanded by its buyers. Users have the possibility to locate this company in the city of Summit Argo (Illinois). They work from Monday to Friday.This company has been rated 1 times by previous visitors.
"Do y'all have jeep grand cherokee 1994to 96?."
55. Pick Your Part - Blue Island
2247 141st St, Blue Island, IL 60406
2.3/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Inhabitants of the Blue Island neighborhood have the opportunity to buy a wide inventory of junk parts that will fit with their automobiles in this junkyard. You can contact them via: phone. More info: This salvage yard operational hours info is not available, despite this you have the possibility to check its web.Other visitors have shared 3 thoughts about this company.
"First time here! Very nice yard. Very large selection to pick from. I found a few items on my list. Prices are not that bad. The counter guys seem to be cool. I would definitely make the..."
66. Pick Your Part - Chicago
4555 W North Ave, Chicago, IL 60639
2/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Specializing in self-serve auto parts sales, this salvage yard offers a wide selection of used parts for all types of vehicles. Customers can easily browse through the inventory and discover economical options for their automotive needs. With a focus on providing cost-effective solutions, don't hesitate to contact them for those in search of quality used auto parts.
"Tried this place out for the first time today. MOST of what you will read in the comments is accurate. The inventory is kept MOSTLY up to date, although there were a few things we were looking..."
77. Robbins Auto Salvage Inc
2004 W 59th St, Chicago, IL 60636
3.3/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts
This salvage yard offers a wide range of used parts that can be easily accessed without the need to remove them from the vehicle. While customers appreciate the convenience, some feel limited by the options available and unable to select the best part for their needs.
"Sibtiejew lo que ocupas,te lo entregan ala mano sin tu entrar aquitar la parte,es lo bueno pero por otra parte no puede escojer la mejor piensa es lo que te muestran."
88. Pick Your Part - Chicago South
3130 S St Louis Ave, Chicago, IL 60623salvage yard used auto parts self service
Explore a self-serve salvage yard offering a wide selection of used auto parts. With an extensive inventory, customers can easily find the parts they need for their vehicle. The business also provides professional auto parts sales services to ensure that every customer walks away satisfied with their purchase.
99. Cozzi Recycling - Public Metal Recycling Center
2400 Main St, Melrose Park, IL 60160
5/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer used auto parts auto buyer
You can economize hundreds of dollars on the reparation of your prized car by buying second hand parts with warranty in this eminent in Melrose Park neighborhood salvage yard. Contact them by: phone. Other visitors have left 3 thoughts about this business.
"I love going to Cozzi Recycling in Melrose Park. Finding their entrance is difficult for some so here are the directions: - From York Road in Elmhurst take St. Charles Road east and continue..."
1010. Global Auto Recycling
31W450 Spaulding Rd, Elgin, IL 60120auto wrecker part installation service
The salvage yard we show here is located in Elgin (Illinois) and it's offering the greatest performance vehicle pieces to its eventual visitors in the environs. If you want to request a quote for your junk vehicle or request for a particular junk spare-part, feel free to contact them using phone and email. This company has been rated 3 times by previous visitors.
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and sorted by an algorithm following predefined criteria to offer you the best results for your search.
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Cook County, IL?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Cook County, IL, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Cook County, IL DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Illinois DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Cook County, IL?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many of them ship parts. However, there may be additional shipping charges. Be sure to ask about shipping charges before you buy any parts.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
Do I need an appointment to visit them?
Most of them do not require appointments for visits. Contact them in advance can help you confirm their operating hours, entrance fees, and any specific rules or guidelines they may have for customers.
Are they open on weekends?
Some of them, so check their operating hours.
How can I find the closest junkyard near my location
If you're around Cook County, IL, the list above presents a range of trustworthy local junkyards and salvage yards. Feel free to browse their services and get in touch with them! To explore additional options or scout out other areas, we recommend using our junkyard locator. It'll help you pinpoint the finest junkyards nearby..
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.