11. US Auto Supply of Sterling Heights
7575 18 1/2 Mile Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48314
4.3/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto & classic car parts self service
Discover a treasure trove of used vehicle parts at the prime salvage yard in Michigan. Browse through an extensive inventory of classic, late model, and newer cars, all organized by make and available for self-serve. Enjoy unbeatably low prices, get your hands dirty, and pick out exactly what you need to restore your vehicle to perfect condition.
"I've rebuilt several cars so I'm well acquainted with salvage yards. US auto is my go to. A very well laid out yard, everything is organized by make and in numbered rows. The website allows you..."more
30835 Groesbeck Hwy, Roseville, MI 48066
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsscrap metal dealer junk car removal towing service
Looking to get rid of your old car or metal materials? You're in the right place! This scrap metal dealer offers excellent customer service, quick responses, and competitive quotes. The friendly staff will make the process easy and efficient for you, ensuring that you leave with a smile on your face.
"I loved this place! They were quick to answer and give me a quote. Once they told me what they would give me for the car (which was more than any other place I googled and called) and I agreed to..."more
33. American Auto Recycle
8951 Alpine St, Detroit, MI 48204
4.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal towing service
This junkyard is your best bet for top-dollar offers on your old car. It's a one-stop shop for all your automotive needs, with a professional and helpful staff. You'll find the highest offers here, along with knowledgeable service that will keep you coming back for future automotive needs.
"I used their website earlier this week to request a quote to buy my old broken-down car, but I didn't hear back so I followed up in-person today. I received a quote on the spot because I brought..."more
44. The Junk Car Pros
38415 Schoolcraft Rd, Livonia, MI 48150
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal towing service
Are you looking to get rid of your old, non-repairable car? The Junkyard is the perfect place for you. Our professional and friendly technicians will arrive promptly and pay you a fair price in cash for your old beater. We also offer free towing services, making the process quick and stress-free. Contact us today and get rid of that old rust bucket while making some extra cash!
"My old beater with a heater broke down. This time it was not repairable. I called The Junk Car Pros. They bought my old rust bucket and also gave me a fair price for it. Excellent Service."more
55. Jacob cash for junk cars
16000 Plymouth Rd, Detroit, MI 48227
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal
Located in Detroit, this junkyard prides itself on providing fair and competitive rates for your old vehicles. With friendly and helpful staff, they make the process of getting rid of your car hassle-free. You can count on them for efficient service and a great price for your old vehicle. Whether you need to get rid of a wrecked car or an old cruiser, they are the go-to destination for junk car buyers in Detroit.
"referred to as at 6am they'd someone there by means of 10 showed up on time and offered my a very good rate for my old pt cruiser did not attempt to negotiate with me or something..."more
66. A & L Auto Recyclers Inc.
P.O. Box 111 7525 County Road #42, Comber, ON N0P 1J0
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts shipping available
Citizens of the Comber vicinity can obtain a gargantuan stock of junk spare-parts compatible with their autos in this junkyard. You can contact them using: email, tollfree and phone. The A & L Auto Recyclers Inc. business hours information cannot be found, despite this you can see its website.This business has been voted 1 times by previous visitors.
Fast and fantastic!!!
"I wanted to give a HUGE shout out to my friends at A&L Auto recyclers in Tilbury. I live in Barrie and was unable to find a front suspension component for my SUV which I needed ASAP. One phone..."more
77. A One Car Removal
3129 Northway Ave, Windsor, ON N9E 4S5
5/5 - 1 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts junk car removal towing service
With a commitment to providing fast and reliable service, this junkyard offers top dollar for your old vehicles and provides quick pick-up services. Customers can trust that they will receive fair and honest quotes, along with efficient vehicle removal. Get rid of that old car or truck today while earning some extra cash in the process.
"They pay exactly what they quote and picked up my car within an hour of calling. Overall my experience with them was amazing."more
88. 2 hours junk car removal
835 N Vernon St, Dearborn, MI 48128
5/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard junk car removal
Looking to get rid of an old or unwanted vehicle? Look no further than this junkyard. Customers are consistently impressed by the professionalism and honesty of the staff, as well as the quick and easy transaction process. With responsive service and top dollar payment, this business comes highly recommended for all your vehicle disposal needs.
"So grateful for this business. My calls and questions were always answered. They came out quickly, within an hour, and we very professional and kind. Will definitely use them again and refer them..."more
99. Georges Junk Yard
1730 Morris Rd, Lapeer, MI 48446
35.1 miles 4.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts self service
Looking for a self-serve junkyard with a wide selection of used parts? Look no further! This business offers a great range of parts for all your vehicle needs. Although the customer service might not be as polished as at other places, they more than make up for it with their extensive inventory and fair prices.
"These people are great! I called ahead about some parts I needed, they were pulling an engine at the time and said they would call back, 15min later I get the call, they had the parts. George gave..."more
1010. A&Z Junk Cars with or without title
6641 Whitefield St, Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
5/5 - 3 reviewsauto wrecker used auto parts
This family-owned auto wrecker business values compassion and reliability. Customers appreciate the genuine kindness and quick response, even in challenging circumstances like rush hour traffic. With a focus on providing the best possible deal for their clients, this place's efficient and patient service is highly recommended for all car disposal needs.
"Thank you to the dynamic duo that was willing to step up, give great mechanical advice, and assist with a top-dollar quote, after burying a grandchild, a mother, a father, and grandparents maternal..."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Clinton Township
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Clinton Township, MI?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Clinton Township, MI, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Michigan Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Clinton Township, MI DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Michigan DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Clinton Township, MI?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How long will it take to sell my car?
The amount of time it takes to sell your car to a junkyard will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The condition of your car
- The make and model of your car
- The demand for parts for your car model
- The number of junkyards in your area
In general, you can expect to sell your car to a junkyard within a few days or even a week. However, if your car is in poor condition or if there is not a high demand for parts for your car model, it may take longer to sell.
Can I get a destruction certificate for my car?
Yes, you can get a destruction certificate for your car. This is a document that proves that your car has been destroyed and is no longer in existence. You may need a destruction certificate in order to cancel the registration of your car or to obtain a salvage title.
To get a destruction certificate for your car, you will need to take it to a licensed junkyard or salvage yard. The junkyard or salvage yard will then issue you a destruction certificate once they have destroyed your car.
How do I inspect a used car or part before I buy it?
Inspecting a used car or part before buying it is crucial to ensure you get value for your money. Here's a basic checklist:
- Exterior Inspection:
- Check for rust, dents, or scratches.
- Inspect the paint for consistency and color match.
- Look at the tires for tread wear and alignment.
- Interior Inspection:
- Check the upholstery, dashboard, and carpets for damage.
- Test all interior features (radio, AC, power windows, etc.).
- Mechanical Inspection:
- Start the engine and listen for unusual noises.
- Check for fluid leaks under the vehicle.
- Test drive the car to assess how it handles.
- Under the Hood:
- Examine the engine for leaks, corrosion, or damage.
- Check the oil level and its color.
- Look at the battery for corrosion.
- Verify the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Ask for maintenance records and any history of accidents.
- For used parts, check for wear, damage, or missing components.
- Confirm that the part matches your vehicle's make and model.
- Price Comparison:
- Research the market value of the car or part to ensure a fair price.
- Ask Questions:
- Inquire about warranties or return policies.
- Vehicle History Report:
- Consider obtaining a vehicle history report for a used car to check for previous accidents or title issues.
- Expert Inspection:
- If uncertain, have a trusted mechanic inspect the car or part.
Trust your instincts. If something feels off or you're unsure, seek professional advice or consider other options.
How do I negotiate the price of a used car or part?
Here are some tips on how to negotiate the price of a used car or part:
- Do your research. Before you start negotiating, it's important to do your research and know what the fair market value is for the car or part you're interested in. You can use online resources like Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds to get an estimate.
- Be prepared to walk away. If you're not getting the price you want, be prepared to walk away. This shows the seller that you're serious about getting a good deal and that you're not afraid to go elsewhere.
- Don't be afraid to make an offer. Don't be afraid to make an offer on the car or part you're interested in. Even if your offer is rejected, it can start a negotiation process.
- Be willing to compromise. It's unlikely that you'll get the exact price you want, so be willing to compromise. Be prepared to meet the seller halfway or to negotiate on other aspects of the deal, such as the trade-in value of your current car or the financing terms.
- Be polite and professional. Even if you're feeling frustrated, it's important to be polite and professional during the negotiation process. This will make it more likely that the seller will be willing to work with you.
Do they have a return or refund policy?
Yes, many have a return or refund policy, but it can vary from junkyard to junkyard. It is important to ask about their return and refund policy before you purchase a part.
Some may offer a full refund on parts that are returned within a certain period of time, while others may only offer a partial refund or a store credit. Some may also have restrictions on what parts can be returned, such as electrical parts or parts that have been installed.
Do they offer part installation services?
Some offer part installation services, but not all. It is important to contact the business in advance to ask if they offer this service and to get a quote.
If you are considering having a junkyard install a part for you, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the company is reputable and that their mechanics are qualified to install the part.
- Get everything in writing, including the price of the part, the cost of installation, and the junkyard's warranty policy.
- Be prepared to wait a few days for the installation to be completed. Junkyards are often busy and may not be able to install the part immediately.
If you are not comfortable having a junkyard install a part for you, you can always take the part to a mechanic or auto body shop. However, this will likely cost more than having the junkyard install the part for you.
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many junkyards and salvage yards offer shipping services for the parts you purchase. However, it's essential to check with the specific yard you're dealing with, as policies can vary. Here's what you should consider:
- Local Pickup: Some yards may require you to pick up parts in person, which can be cost-effective if you're nearby.
- Regional Shipping: Many junkyards offer regional shipping, which can be relatively affordable if you're within a certain distance from the yard.
- Nationwide Shipping: Some larger yards provide nationwide shipping, allowing you to get parts delivered across the country. This option can be more expensive due to longer distances.
- Shipping Costs: Shipping costs can vary based on the size and weight of the part, as well as the distance it needs to travel.
- Shipping Time: Ask about the estimated shipping time to ensure it meets your needs. Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.
Before purchasing a part, inquire about the yard's shipping options, costs, and policies. Also, verify the condition of the part and its compatibility with your vehicle to avoid any issues upon delivery.