💡 Tip: Filter by City to view the best junkyards in your area.
11. Rudy's Truck & Auto Parts, LLC
5117 Bainbridge Blvd, Chesapeake, VA 23320
3.7/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto, truck & classic car parts self service
Visit our self-serve salvage yard for a wide selection of used parts from newer models to classics. Our friendly staff is always ready to assist you in finding what you need. With an extensive inventory, we pride ourselves on being a key location for hard-to-find parts.
"Only yard in town that had what I needed, & more than 1 of them to boot. From what I saw, there's a selection from newer models to classics. Staff was extremely helpful & polite. Not as neat as..."more
22. Johnson's Mustang and Truck Parts
4513 Bainbridge Blvd, Chesapeake, VA 23320
3.3/5 - 3 reviewssalvage yard used auto parts self service
Explore a self-serve salvage yard with a vast selection of used parts for all kinds of vehicles. You can easily find what you need without having to wait for assistance. Discover great deals and save money on high-quality auto parts.
"Great place, had to search around a little but had just what I needed at a great price. I’ll definitely be back, just make sure you have time to look around."more
33. Foss Recycling
4825 Station House Rd, Chesapeake, VA 23321
4/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard used auto parts
This junkyard offers excellent customer service and a friendly staff, making it a go-to option for all your auto needs. With years of positive customer feedback, this place is known for its great service and pleasant staff. Whether you need used car parts or want to sell your old vehicle, this business has got you covered.
"Heather offered excellent customer service to myself and my family over the last 3 years. I would highly recommend coming here for all of your auto needs. Friendly staff is a plus!!!."more
44. Elizabeth River Recycling
2649 S Military Hwy, Chesapeake, VA 23324
4.7/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center used auto parts self service
Conveniently situated off S. Military Hwy in Chesapeake, this self-serve recycling center offers quick and smoothly scrap metal drop-off. Despite the dirt tracks and limited business hours, customers appreciate the efficient check-out process, friendly staff, and good payouts for their recyclable items. A great spot to responsibly dispose of scrap while earning some extra cash!
"It's a recycling center so it's dirty, it's loud, it's busy, it's confusing, they close early (3:45PM), they aren't open weekends, the location can be difficult to get into or out of (depending..."more
55. Scrap 58
5324 W Military Hwy, Chesapeake, VA 23321
5/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center
This family-owned recycling center is known for its fair prices and friendly service. Customers love the welcoming atmosphere and appreciate the personalized attention they receive. If you're looking to recycle scrap metal, look no further than this business for a positive experience.
"I love Pops, Mike, and his son. Fair prices and nice people to talk to. I reckon I'm lucky that if I'm walking around in their. I reckon I find something. They don't try and break my bank. To..."more
66. Meeks Disposal Corporation
1500 Steel St, Chesapeake, VA 23323
2.3/5 - 3 reviewsjunkyard
This junkyard offers a wide selection of used car parts and scrap metal recycling services. With a convenient location and efficient customer service, they make it easy to find the parts you need or get rid of unwanted vehicles in an environmentally friendly way. Their knowledgeable staff is always ready to assist you with any inquiries you might have.
"Awesome service !!! Kind and helpful truck driver."more
77. All Auto Recycling
4825 Station House Rd, Chesapeake, VA 23321junkyard
This junkyard offers a vast selection of used and salvaged auto parts for various makes and models. Customers can expect competitive prices and a helpful staff ready to assist with any part needs. Whether it's for a DIY project or a repair, this business is a valuable resource for automotive enthusiasts.
88. Sims Metal - Chesapeake, Virginia
4300 Buell St, Chesapeake, VA 23324
2.3/5 - 3 reviewsrecycling center
Located in the heart of the city, this recycling center is known for its friendly and helpful staff. Whether you are looking to recycle metal, glass, plastic or paper, they will guide you through the process and make it easy. Their dedication to environmental sustainability makes them a great choice for all your recycling needs.
"Some of the nicest people you will ever encounter!! Driving a dumptruck full of metal....they were quick to help show me where to dump."more
🤓 Did you know... The businesses shown here have been selected and ordered based on both our quality criteria and reviews shared by real people. Learn more about our selection and ranking criteria.
FAQs about junkyards in Chesapeake City, VA
What legal requirements do I need to meet to sell my car to a junkyard in Chesapeake City, VA?
In order to sell your car to a junkyard in Chesapeake City, VA, you typically need to meet these legal requirements:
- Proof of Ownership: You must provide proof of ownership, which is usually your vehicle title. If you don't have the title, contact the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to obtain a duplicate.
- Valid Identification: You'll need to show a valid government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.
- Complete a Bill of Sale: Some junkyards may ask you to complete a Bill of Sale, indicating the sale price and stating that you're selling the vehicle "as-is."
- Release of Liability: Submit a Release of Liability to the Chesapeake City, VA DMV to remove your liability for the vehicle once it's sold. You can do this online or by mailing the appropriate form.
- Smog Certificate: Depending on the age and location of your vehicle, you may need to provide a valid smog certificate. Junkyards often handle this if required.
- Remove License Plates: Before handing over your vehicle, remove the license plates. You can either transfer them to another vehicle or return them to the DMV.
- Payment: Ensure you receive payment for the vehicle. The payment method may vary, so discuss this with the junkyard beforehand.
- Cancellation of Insurance: Contact your auto insurance company to cancel coverage on the sold vehicle.
Please note that specific requirements can vary depending on the junkyard and the condition of your vehicle. Always check with the junkyard you plan to sell to and refer to the Virginia DMV for the most up-to-date information and forms.
Can I sell a junk car without a title in Chesapeake City, VA?
If you try to sell a car without a title, your choices might be more restricted than those of other sellers who have a readily available title.
- If you are still in the process of paying off a car loan, the likelihood is that the bank or lienholder still possesses your car's title. You must reach out to your bank to get a payoff amount. It's important to ensure that your car's selling price can cover it.
- If your car title is missing, lost, or stolen and you're wondering how to sell your car, you need to request a replacement title.
- If your car is totaled, has a salvage title, has no title at all, or you have no way to obtain a valid title, car junkyards often buy cars without a title an pay you in cash. However, the lack of a title might lower your selling price.
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Chesapeake City, VA?
How much money can I expect to get for my car at a junkyard in Chesapeake City, VA?
- The condition of your car.
- The make and model of your car.
- The current market value of scrap metal.
- The demand for parts for your car model.
In general, you can expect to get between $100 and $500 for your junk. However, if your vehicle is in good condition or has valuable parts, you may be able to get more.
How do I remove a part from a junkyard?
If you are planning on removing a part from a vehicle yourself, be sure to take precautions to avoid injury. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to overexert yourself. You should also ask the staff for assistance if needed. We recommend that you bring:
- Screw drivers
- Impact driver
- Sockets SAE and Metric
- Breaker bar
- Penetrating Fluid
Do they offer shipping?
Yes, many of them ship parts. However, there may be additional shipping charges. Be sure to ask about shipping charges before you buy any parts.
What is the difference between a junkyard and a salvage yard?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, a salvage yard may focus more on recycling and reselling parts.
How can I find the closest junkyard near my location
If you're around Chesapeake City, VA, the list above presents a range of trustworthy local junkyards and salvage yards. Feel free to browse their services and get in touch with them! To explore additional options or scout out other areas, we recommend using our junkyard locator. It'll help you pinpoint the finest junkyards nearby..
Do I need an appointment to visit them?
Most of them do not require appointments for visits. Contact them in advance can help you confirm their operating hours, entrance fees, and any specific rules or guidelines they may have for customers.